Saturday, December 20, 2008

Four Wheel Sledding - again

Well, we were out sleeding again tonight. The boys drug me out to pull them around the streets again in the bitter cold. The temperature measured -13F. Factored for sledding around 30 mph that equates to a wind chill of -44F. Yes, how stupid can we be. We had to take a couple of breaks to thaw out our goggles. I was having a tough time seeing with my goggles with a thin layer of ice.

We like to do this when it gets dark. There are fewer cars on the road and it seems to be more fun when you can't see as well. Paul has this method of sledding where he will simply hold on to the back of the sled and slid on his body. Kind of like body surfing or water skiing without the skis. It is my job to try and dump them.

We didn't last as long tonight. We all got pretty cold and decided to come in. We still managed to use up the better part of a tank of gas. Right now I'm thawing out in my office with the heater going full blast. I hope they pick a warmer day for the next time.

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

What a great dad! Good thing they had all that "surfing" practice in Texas.

Bebop said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fun time even with the weather being that cold.